Looking for skincare products that really help fight wrinkles and the aging process? Find products with the following ingredients on their labels and you’ll know that science has your back:
- Grape seed extract: Vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract is one of the longest studied botanicals. It contains great anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent skin aging, inhibit UV radiation damage, and savenge radical oxygen species.
- L-ascorbic acid: Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant. It builds collagen, inhibits melanogensis, and is anti-inflammatory; best delivered to the skin in a water-free base.
- Lilac leaf: Verbascocides, from the stem cells of Syringe vulgaris (lilac leaf) have an ability to significantly speed wound healing and deliver potent anti-inflammatory action.
- Retinoids: Vitamin A ingredients that include retinoic acid, retinaldehyde, retinol and retinyl esters. Proven to help your skin slough off dead skin cells (desquamate), retinoids also have anti-inflammatory effects. Long term use of retinoids can keep your skin clear, even out skin tone, and repair and prevent pre-mature aging.
- Swiss apple extract: In a trial with 20 subjects, a cream containing the apple extract was found to reduce wrinkle depth by 8% after two weeks and 15% after four weeks.